For this community:
- Work to ensure ALL eligible people can vote
- Work to ensure elections are fair and accessible
- Educate community members on important topics
- Educate voters before elections
- Actively engage people in community governance
- Growth in personal skills
- Confidence in being informed on public policy issues
- Facilitate community dialogues
- Create change
When you act with other members of the League of Women Voters, your voice becomes stronger along with our own.
Members make a commitment to the ideals of the League of Women Voters. They participate in League activities as personal time and preference permits. There is a place for everyone and every lifestyle.
If you have an interest, please let us know by contacting our LWV president at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can send us a note with your membership application form.
Much of the League's work is done through committees.
VOTER SERVICE Committee members are responsible for many of the activities for which the League is best known. Activities include conducting voter outreach and registration efforts; researching the pros and cons on ballot measures; preparing questions for candidates to answer in the Voters Guide; and conducting candidate forums. For more information write email@example.com.
League committees focusing on public policy issues are:
- SOCIAL POLICY Topics include: Health, Education, Housing, Libraries, etc. Write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOVERNENT Topics include: Structure, Functions, Public Financing/Taxation, Jails, and Judiciary. Write email@example.com.
- NATURAL RESOURCES Topics include: Water and Air Quality and Conservation, Recycling/Waste Disposal, and Land Use. Write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other committees include:
- Membership and Recruitment
- Public Relations/Communication
- Observer Corps
- Fund Development for League
- Program Planning
- Website maintenance, updating and comments
For more information on getting involved, please contact email@example.com